With this new year upon us, people tend to make resolutions. That is great! But resolutions tend to die quickly in the new year. So let me suggest some promises you can make yourself to help you hair shine in 2015!
1) I promise to treat my hair one a week. We love when our hair loves us! So why not show your tresses some love? A weekly deep conditioning and add condition, shine and strength to your hair. Take the time to squeeze the water out of your hair and apply a deep treatment. Let it sit on 5-10 minutes and rinse. You’ll be amazed at the results. Ask your stylist which is right for you!
2) I will use heat protection when I use my hot tools on my hair. Every. Time. Yes, heat protection is essential. Yes, you need it. And no, it doesn’t work unless you use it. There are lots of ways to get heat protection there are even shampoos and conditioners with it built in. Get yourself this essential item asap.
3) I will utilize dry shampoo to extend my style. Washing and styling take a toll on the hair so if we can eliminate one shampoo/style a week, your hair will thank you all throughout 2015.
4) I will protect my color (synthetic or not) with color safe shampoo and conditioner. If you spend the time and money on your color, or just blessed with natural amazing color- promise to protect it with color-safe shampoo and conditioner. So easy!
5) I will be gentle to my hair when it is wet. When your hair is wet, it is much more fragile. Try and refrain from brushing, hard coming, or even pulling it up tightly. This can cause breakage. So treat your damp hair with loving care, and it will love you back!
Here’s to Healthy Hair in 2015!!